Wednesday, October 11, 2006

50 Things

50 boring, stupid rambling things about me. I can only muster 50... I guarantee the next post will be more interesting.... It has to be...

001 - I want to be taller. At 5-7 I can't see the stage at gigs and my friends are over 6 feet tall. And no I'm not wearing heels...
002 - I have 2 brothers both older.
003 - Everywhere I go I have to have music. I can't stand being on a train without a book or music
004 - I enjoy reading but don't do it enough because I have to drive to work now
005 - My first job was in a toy store
006 - I can't stand hoons and people who don't wave when I give way on the road (go out of my way)
007 - I have an ipod but I hate the white headphones
008 - I played the bagpipes in highschool
009 - I've also learnt the piano and recorder
010 - I work in IT
011 - I hate the stereotype that IT people all know how to 'fix' computers. I work with financial IT systems and not hardware... Eg if I want to put stuff into the financial general ledger via a file what do I have to do? (*spins propeller*)
012 - I'm 26 years old
013 - I hate and like being asked for ID. (I can count almost on 1 hand how many times that hasn't happened) It means I look young which is bad now, but will be good later I'm told
014 - My favourite beer is Hoegaarden
015 - I once stole a Hoegaarden glass
016 - When I'm drunk I tend to say the things that I'm thinking that I shouldn't say out loud (Is that confusing?)
017 - The most money I've found is $20
018 - The most money I've won gambling is ~$300
019 - I've bungy jumped and skydived twice
020 - I have a recurring nightmare that I've forgotten to submit a VCE assignment - I finished highschool 9 years ago
021 - I was on the front page of the local newspaper in 1984
022 - I only learnt how to ride a bike a year and a half ago
023 - The latest I've slept in to is 3.oopm
024 - The longest I've stayed up for is 25 hours
025 - I can't grow a mustache
026 - Likewise with a beard
027 - I've had my legs waxed for a dare
030 - I've never had my hair dyed
031 - I've only been overseas twice
032 - When I first worked I used to eat 'fish and chip shop' style hamburgers for breakfast
033 - I think Godzilla was better than ID4. But neither was any good.
034 - I hate waiting in queues and find old people are most likely to jump them
035 - I've learnt French, Italian and Chinese and can't remember much of any of the languages now
036 - I had braces as a kid
037 - I've been given a forced, free manicure
038 - The only cities outside of Victoria in Australia I've been to are Sydney and the Gold Coast
039 - I own 14 business shirts -My goal is to only iron once a month
040 - I've once eaten an entire chocolate teddy bear packet in one sitting
041 - I don't understand how George Bush gets elected, but am knocked over to know how he can be re-elected
042 - I've never watched a Hugh Grant movie from start to finish or watched the Titanic
043 - I'd rather deal with things than complain.
044 - I missed uni graduation with food poisoning
045 - I boycott places that provide poor service (Or fire employees that I fancied)
046 - I can't stand people with poor manners
047 - I only own 177 CDs
048 - I've had a broken arm and fractured elbow
049 - I've been involved in only 1 car accident -touch wood- a hub cap came off an oncoming car and cracked my windscreen from left to right, top, down
050 - I've never had the chicken pox

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:59:00 pm, Blogger xx sandy said...

You've never watched Titanic? How could you not!!! What were you on the newspaper for? 1984? I wasn't even born... wow

 
At Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:15:00 am, Blogger yossarian said...

at least i'm not the only person on the face of this earth who hasn't watched Titanic ...

i also agree with you on the point of boycotting places with crap service (or getting rid of attractive staff) - especially if you're a regular patron of a place that started out really good, but has gradually begun to decline.

any theory on the reason for your recurring nightmare??

 
At Friday, October 13, 2006 7:45:00 pm, Blogger Jonno said...

Thanks for you comments.
Sandy I feel old now...Olympic games thing for kindergarten..
yossarian, not sure about the recurring nightmare. All I know is that I wake up relieved that I finished high school ages ago.
Best cafe place in the city that I know of is the cnr of lt Collins and Russell sts opposite the Portland hotel. They still remembered me after about 6 months. Great service and fresh food...

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 4:41:00 pm, Blogger Applecross WC said...

Hey I have never seen Titanic either! Also the bagpipes are cool and I wish I could play them.

This is a pretty good idea, I might try 50 things as well when I get home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home