Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It Sure is Breezy in Here

If you're going to change lanes, turn into a street, essentially anything to maneuver your car other than in a straight line, please use your indicator! Look at this, I'm getting old and crusty and I haven't even hit 30... Young whippersnappers these days...

Last week I attended a 10 year high school reunion. Strangely enough, most of the idiots had thankfully grown up, while some had established egos not previously present. This, I must stress was in the minority. As it was quite aptly put, success shouldn't judged by how many zeros are at the end of your pay or whatever fancy title you've made up, as long as your happy what you're doing who cares? We figured anyone who boasted pay or job titles ought not to be seen for another 10 years anyway. While some conversations didn't progress further than the standard work and travel questions, old memories and good blokes made for an enjoyable night. Its a shame I'd lost contact with a lot of these people, and I must say its one of the benefits of Facebook.

Meanwhile the gig total is at 20 at 10 unique venues. Hopefully I can squeeze in 4 more to reach the goal of 24 for the year. One artist has dominated the shows this year, so I can't imagine being able to get close to this mark ever again. (Unless I decide to become a groupie and follow her around touring other countries). Liam Finn supported Sarah Blasko, and I came away extremely impressed by his one man band performance. The use of the loop pedal mimicking some audience "Woo Hoo'ing" and solo drumming certainly got the adrenalin going for the main show. Just a tiny amount of talent in that family... Regurgitator didn't fail to impress once again, although I'm hanging for the show to be posted online for purchase. Disappointing, it won't capture the stage invaders or crowd surfing from the night.

Do you tell people about the food stuck between their teeth or toilet paper on their shoe? Recently, I didn't realise until 11am that I had my fly undone. Great. I had to recount my foot steps and remember all the people that laughed for no apparent reason while I was at their desk. The question is, do you tell people about the sort of things? or save both parties the slightly awkward moment? I'll tell people, but at times it's just too difficult to let someone know there's something hanging from their nose.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:00:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, that's not cool! i wish people would tell me things like that too...it would make sense cos things like that happen to everyone now and again - don't they?

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:16:00 pm, Blogger Steph said...

No, I never tell people shit like that. I like to see others, besides myself, be the laughing stock for a while ;)

 
At Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:53:00 pm, Blogger Jonno said...

elmo - Yeah I agree. Luckily I don't think anyone saw... But I think everyone has that split second where they think not to say anything and let the next person deal with it...

steph - Is it possible you'd have a opinion after your late night supermarket experience? I guess it does provide some entertainment if its not you...

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 12:26:00 pm, Blogger Serenity Later said...

jonno i think its only right to advise someone if there's something awry or out of place. i get paranoid if i see someone i'm talking to touch their nose, i instantly reciprocate to make sure i don't have anything hanging out of my nose myself. not sure though how to best to inform the person.

awww but steph you had that chivalrous (kilt-wearing?) drunk help you out! feelgood story of the year i reckon!!! ;)

 
At Tuesday, December 04, 2007 11:17:00 pm, Blogger thanh7580 said...

I have to say tell. Once I had something hanging from my nose and was really happy the first person I saw told me so I was only embarrassed once rather than many times after when I see everyone else.

Plus I think people know that embarrassing things like that happen to everyone so you wouldn't laugh at someone eles (well not too hard anyway) when it will happen to you soon.

 
At Friday, December 28, 2007 1:36:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home