Sunday, December 10, 2006

Ramblings

Not sure what to write about but there are a few topics I need to get off my chest...

Terribly sorry to the woman who served me at HMV at Chadstone last Thursday. She obviously wanted to engage me in conversation when I went to purchase a CD. I smiled and nodded, but that's about it. I wasn't rude, but I felt bad and spent the rest of the afternoon being extra friendly to anyone else that served me. Even the seedy moustache lady who altered my jeans.

I read a couple of letters in the Sunday paper re: Naomi Robson not returning to host the hard-hitting Today Tonight. Here's one:
'I am shattered Naomi will not host Today Tonight next year. I certainly hope the show does not go downhill' R. Melchionna

Downhill? How worse can the show go? as I rub my belly with the recommended tanning magic beans. Cue the 'Rock Bottom' episode from Simpsons.

The end of the year is rapidly approaching and the workplace is getting in the swing of xmas decorations etc. But I also seem to notice the little things that start to give me the shits. Whether its the overtly loud taping of a mouse button (honestly do you need to thump each click?) to the loud talker who chomps individual peanuts not unlike stomping through glass with gumboots. Hmmm they do sound fresh and it makes me go to a pub and down a frosty beer... thanks...

I hate shopping crowds, I just want to go in and get the hell out of there. Hint to anyone wishing to do shopping when no-one's around: In the past I've always gone just when all the shopping centres just start late nights. This year it'll be this Tuesday. Chadstone's open until 9pm and hopefully like last year, empty. The crowds and mayhem are all worth it when Christmas day comes along and the rellies get together with the little tykes gleaming, non-corrupted attitudes that make the day special once again.

Shopping on Friday was successful, at least for me... the 24 box set for season 1-5, 3 albums and ingredients for gingerbread men. Not sure if I'd want to be the people at work eating these...I'd better make sure they're edible tonight just to be sure.

M's nemesis, in response to a Favourite 20 albums list, do I dare unleash something that will reek of poor taste? Of course. Something will come shortly. Thanks for the prompt and suggestion!

2 Comments:

At Monday, December 11, 2006 8:06:00 pm, Blogger yossarian said...

as someone who also isn't that big on shopping at the best of times, your tips are for how to avoid the crowds are perfect, jonno! and i'm also familiar with the infuriating mouse abuse that goes on in a communal office-type setting - what irks me even more is keyboard abuse. just awful.

good to see you're going to join us on our Top 20 mission. by the way, couldn't help noticing that you've picked up a copy of Moo You Bloody Choir. what do you think?

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 9:07:00 pm, Blogger Jonno said...

Thanks for the comment yossarian. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to listen to Moo... just yet. It's on the Mp3 player, but it's been a busy week! Hopefully this week it will get a run and I'll let you know my thoughts...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home